Description: The Veterans Health Administration (VHA or VA) is America’s largest integrated health care system serving over 9 million enrolled Veterans each year. Relationship: Home Safety Services has been providing essential full-scale home modification services to thousands of our Veterans for over 20 years.
Unique Value Proposition:
- GSA Contract
- Pure-play home mods provider
- Negotiated pricing includes installation
- Nationwide capability
- Full-Spectrum 1-Stop Home Modifications Provider We are qualified to both assess for and install the most appropriate solutions (e.g. grab bars, railings, ramps, lifts, bathroom modifications, etc.).
- Accredited by the Joint Commission We are held to the same patient safety standards as hospitals and healthcare providers.
- Quick turn times for all services Our exclusive focus on minor home modifications combined with our inventoried vehicles and trained technicians enable us to provide solutions instantly upon authorization.
- Rapid Ramp Program Our vast experience with modular wheelchair ramps and thresholds combined with our huge inventory of equipment we maintain enable us to provide ramp solutions on the same or next day when needed for urgent discharges.
- Certified Employee Installers Our installers are our employees who have completed our thorough in-house training and certification process. Every technician knows not only what to install but also how and where to install in for maximum benefit.
- Prosthetics & Referring Clinicians We work closely with regional Prosthetics teams and the clinicians and Veterans they support. Prosthetics is the functional area within the VHA with responsibility for the purchase of home modification services as well as the other supply, equipment and service needs of our Veterans. The Prosthetics team experience the application of our core values on a daily basis.
- Expertise – The clinicians we work with appreciate our knowledge and insights. They value our willingness to collaborate with them to provide the most appropriate solution a given situation. We are much more than just installers fulfilling a work order. We confirm every requested service is appropriate and sufficient for a given application, and if it is not, we circle back with the extended Prosthetics team to ensure that the Veterans essential needs are met.
- Efficiency – Our responsiveness both administratively and operationally, make us the preferred go-to home modifications vendor. When services need to be done quickly and professionally, we get the call (or the email/fax).
- Care – The genuine care we have for each Veteran we serve is exemplified by the time we spend with them to truly understand their needs. Along with empathizing with their needs and delivering our expert services, we also supplement the VHA benefit by providing thousands of dollars of unreimbursed services to Veterans each year.
- Home Improvements and Structural Alterations (HISA) Grant The VA provides grants to qualifying Veterans to fund necessary home modifications which fall outside of the scope of Prosthetics guidelines. Current procedures require the Veteran to obtain quotes from three providers. If approved, the Veteran will be reimbursed by the VA for the modifications up to a $6,800 lifetime benefit for service-connected individuals ($2,000 limit for nonservice-connected individuals). We are happy to work with Veterans pursuing HISA grant funding, although the primary support will be provided by their respective Prosthetics Representative. For HISA funded projects, we contract directly with the Veteran who is responsible for payment initially until they are reimbursed by the VA. It is the responsibility of the Veteran to obtain approval of their grant request prior to authorizing work to be performed.
- Housing Grants for Disabled Warriors The Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) Grant and the Special Home Adaptation (SHA) Grant provide funding to Veterans with permanent and total service-connected disabilities to either obtain or adapt housing to meet their needs. The funding available is substantial for qualifying individuals. Again, we are happy to work with the Veteran to both develop the proper scope of work necessary, provide a competitive proposal and complete the work. More information is available at www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/adaptedhousing.asp or via phone at 1-877-827-3702.
CONTACT US to inquire further regarding engagement of our services to support the VA and the Veterans they serve.