Description: Integrated Health Care, Workers’ Compensation, Medicare Advantage and Long-Term Care insurers all have a vested interest in funding home modifications so as to reduce total health-care costs and improve outcomes. Relationship: Home Safety Services has been providing cost-effective home modification services which demonstrate a positive return on investment (ROI) to a variety of insurers, both on a funded and referral basis for over 20 years.
Unique Value Proposition:
- Turn-key Program Partnering with us to Implement a home modifications benefit is virtually a plug-and-play solution.
- Experienced Provider We have the infrastructure to support a high volume of patients and the flexibility to do so on a referral, member discount or funded basis.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission We are held to the same patient safety standards as hospitals and healthcare providers.
- Full-Spectrum 1-Stop Home Modifications Provider We are qualified to both assess for and install the most appropriate, practical and cost-effective solutions (e.g. grab bars, railings, ramps, lifts, bathroom modifications, etc.) ensuring a substantial ROI (Return on Investment) especially when targeted towards high risk patients.
- Quick turn times for all services Our exclusive focus on minor home modifications combined with our inventoried vehicles and trained technicians enable us to provide solutions instantly upon authorization thereby supporting safe and timely discharges.
- Certified Employee Installers Our installers are our employees who have completed our thorough in-house training and certification process. Every technician knows not only what to install but also how and where to install in for maximum benefit.
- Integrated Healthcare Integrated Healthcare Insurers are best positioned to see the effectiveness of interventions upon the reduction of the total cost of care and improvement of outcomes. Home modifications are proven to reduce falls and fall injuries and as a result reduce ER visits and hospitalizations. Additionally, home modifications further reduce costs by expediting and improving the success rate of discharges and reducing readmissions from falls. Finally, home modifications improve a patient’s ability to perform Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) independently and reduce caregiver costs and risks. The aggregate of these costs savings makes for a very compelling ROI for integrated healthcare insurers especially when the interventions are targeted at those members at high risk of falling. We collaborate with our partner insurers in strategically identifying the appropriate recipients and determining the scope (and limits) of the services to be provided.
- Workers Compensation Home modifications enable insurers to fulfill their obligation to injured workers and enable them to reside in the lowest cost of care location, their home. We are adept at assessing complex situations to determine the most practical and cost-effective modifications which will maximize an injured worker’s independence and quality of life. We understand the documentation and authorization protocols and work collaboratively with the entire case management team to insure the best and most expeditious outcomes possible.
- Medicare Advantage MA insurers wishing to differentiate themselves should consider offering a home modifications benefit. Seniors appropriately believe that their insurer should demonstrate a vested interest in maintaining their independence via funding proven minor home modifications. We are happy to leverage our variety of contract service experience in collaboration with you to develop a highly-valued and cost-effective MA benefit.
- Long Term Care Simply stated, Long Term Care (LTC) insurers need to partner with us. Most policies include a home modifications or “Stay at Home” benefit. It is in the insurer’s best interest that these modifications and reimbursed expenses be as targeted and cost-effective as possible. Furthermore, LTC insurers should consider funding additional targeted interventions which will decrease a member’s dependence upon a paid caregiver. Our toileting and bathing solutions often enable independent performance of ADLs for only a few hundred dollars.
- Medicare, Medicaid, Medi-Cal, Waiver and PACE Discussion of insurers would be incomplete without acknowledging the Medi’s and the associated waiver programs. Home modification funding from these sources varies by region and may change significantly in the near future. Home modifications are a key component of all-inclusive care for the elderly, and we especially value working with low income seniors who are in high need of our services.
LET’S TALK to explore how we can collaboratively develop a home modifications benefit that meets the needs of your program and your members.